20 gallon long stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllySaturn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have recently acquired a 20 gallon long from the dollar per gallon sale and wanted to know the best way to stock it. All I know is I deffenately want guppies and Mickie Mouse platys.

I don't know haha, never really had a tank this big and don't want to over stock. It's not an over night tank of that's what you mean *.^ it's going to be a bit but I just had a spinal tap so I'm couched for a week and was thinking about the empty tank I have ^.^

It has no filter yet haha I'm pricing it together. I'm not even aloud to lift my 2 lbs dog XD I'm just in the planning stage.

The fish you want to get are both livebearers meaning that they give birth to live young and very frequently may I add.. I suggest only getting 3 or 4. Make sure to have more females than males. It may seem like it's not a lot but in time they will give birth to much more. You will have your tank overcrowded with them. But I think that you would be better off with getting only males at first, especially with guppies because the males have longer fins that have loads more variations than the females! I think this would be the best option for you right now, just so you can figure out if you really like the fish and wanted more.

Back
Top Bottom