20 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
So once I finish up my 30 gallon puffer tank I plan on turning my 20 gallon back to freshwater. But I'm not sure what I want to put in there. Any ideas?

Any idea what sorts of things you like?
Some fish on the top of my list are shell dwelleing cichlids like brevis or multis. :)
Otherwise, 20g is really good for nice sized schools of nano fish like ember tetras or celestial pearl danios. :)
BTW, is it 20 tall or 20 long?

How about a planted tank for a pair of two lovely blue German rams?

Or maybe a community tank with danios!

It's a long. I've been toying with the idea of some new world cichlids or maybe a community setup with a betta. It's been a while since I've done any major freshwater stocking! Also thought about some small gouramis although I've never had good luck with them.

Both of those sound like good ideas.
A pair of apistos with a school of something else would be an awesome combo IMO. :)
Bettas are cool too. I keep my betta community with ember tetras and it works out really well. :)

Well, my mind was made up for me, I think... Found a gorgeous short finned iridescent white male betta today. He's going in my qt 1.5 gal for now and he'll be the centerpiece of my 20 gal in a couple weeks once I get it fresh again. Thankfully my cycle should be short since I have a fresh tank to seed the filter. Either that or he'll get my 5 gallon to himself after I move my cray to the 20 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom