20 gallon stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picture_117

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm getting to the point that nitrItes are almost gone and the cycle is complete :dance:

I already have some fish that I am going to add:

Powder Blue Gourami
Albino Bristle Nose Pleco

These are the fish I want to get and need help adding to, decreasing, or changing around:

Either 4 Julii or Panda Cory, Which would be better? or neither?

8 Black Neon Tetras or Harlequin Rasboras, same as questions above.

Any new fish or better stocking advice is welcome, (y)

Im not sure about the pleco being in a 20 gallon, i believe it needs atleast 29 gallons.

I prefer Harlequin Rasboras, i just think they look cooler. :lol:

I do like gouramis! I think either of the cory would be fine.

Thanks for the replies!

The BNP is a bit small for this tank but it's his temporary house for about a month, 60 gallon on the way for him and some GBR!!

Okay good, I'll probably get the rasboras and either of the cory, although ember tetras really catch my eye.

OOO I like GBR they are so pretty. I plan on putting a Bolivian Ram in my 20 gallon once its up and running, some rasboras too.

I wish my cycle was done :( Im only on day 2 of cycle for my 20g and day 3-4 on my 5 gallon. How long have you been cycling for? Did you add any extra bacteria supplements?

I started on August 30th, I just seeded a carbon and sponge cartridge from my old tank, a DW, and some sand.
Well it's worth the wait to see the fish happy in their new tank!

Thanks for the replies!

The BNP is a bit small for this tank but it's his temporary house for about a month, 60 gallon on the way for him and some GBR!!

Okay good, I'll probably get the rasboras and either of the cory, although ember tetras really catch my eye.
I have embers tetras and I love them! The rasboras are pretty cool looking too though. Yeah, either cory would be fine. So, whichever you think is prettier. :) After you re-home the bnp to your other tank, you could probably get a couple otos if you want.

Yes their color is what drew me to them, is there a special way to keep them bright? Or get them that bright!

Well the ottos were my initial stocking plan, but I couldn't pass up the BNP now lol, my LFS don't carry them for some reason, had to get it from someone online.

Yes their color is what drew me to them, is there a special way to keep them bright? Or get them that bright!

Well the ottos were my initial stocking plan, but I couldn't pass up the BNP now lol, my LFS don't carry them for some reason, had to get it from someone online.
Yeah, you can always get otos after you put the bnp in your other tank.:) My embers are just bright. I don't even feed color enhancing food or anything. They look brighter in well-planted tanks because their color shows up well against the green plants. You could do fake plants and achieve the same effect though.:)

Good! My tank is gonna be filled with plants from my other tank. Now I need to decide embers or rasboras, julii or panda. So many decisions!

I think theres certain food that keeps their colors bright. A good quality food, i forget. someone here probably knows

brittanykluss said:
I think theres certain food that keeps their colors bright. A good quality food, i forget. someone here probably knows

Yeah I've heard of it, New found or New something I believe, supposed to be really fancy nutritious food, maybe sometime in the future I'll try it.

Yeah I've heard of it, New found or New something I believe, supposed to be really fancy nutritious food, maybe sometime in the future I'll try it.
YOu are probaly thinking about New Life Spectrum.
Like I said, I simply pick a good quality food and all my fish color up beautifully. :) I have never found color enhancing food to be necessary with these guys, but I am sure it couldn't hurt.

Yes yes there we go.
Well the food I use now keeps my guppies and gouramis really bright. I couldn't imagine them brighter, but who knows!

Back
Top Bottom