20g long fish ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Posivated

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I think my cycle is getting closer to be complete and have posted here a few times about fish and here is one more :p. My tank has live plants (hopefully they make it)and hopefully soon ill find a nice piece of driftwood or bogwood for it. So now the only thing left is what fish to get, I originally wanted to get cichlids but found out that I dont have many options with them and black skirt tetras (already have in another tank) and my tank size. So I was thinking of maybe getting a yoyo loach with my tetras but wasn't sure if I should get more than 1 or if 1 will be enough. I'm not sure what else to get, I saw some big crawdad looking shrimp at the lfs today, not sure what they were but they looked cool. I kind of want to get multiple different species to avoid babies, so if anyone has a suggestion on some fish that can be kept single and fish that wont kill my plants :). Thanks

Actually, there are dwarf cichlids that will probably be fine with your black skirts. Bolivian rams are a good choice. I also recommend a bristlenose pleco or maybe some of the smaller cories.

Anyone have a unique single fish they can suggest? Something that will really stand out?

The pleco wont eventually get really big will it?

The bristlenose pleco gets about 4.5" at maximum size. It may get to the point when you will want to move it into a bigger tank, so unless you have a larger tank, that may not be an option.

My girlfriend for some reason very much dislikes catfish :p, paradise fish look pretty cool

This may sound strange but anyone know of a medium sized fish that is black and lazy. Also a orange and white but a bit hyperactive at times fish. Fish that resemble my cats :p

Back
Top Bottom