Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

20g stock: rainbowfish species?

I have no experience with rainbows, but I have an unstocked 20g right now and I am considering them.

Are there any species of rainbowfish that are suitable in this tank? I heard that some smaller ones like spotted blue eyes are "annuals," so does that mean I should expect them to die in a year or less? They are pricey for me, so if they are not prolific in a species-only tank I will pass them up. I'm too used to lazy livebearer tanks that replace themselves with minimal effort

Maybe sparkling gouramis are in my future...

Thank you!

Old 10-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Furcata, Gertude or Threadfin rainbows is all that could fit in a twenty gallon IMO.

Tags
20 gallon, spec, species, stock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com