20G stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys. I have a quite established 20G aquarium. But I would like to add more fish when I have planted it. Let me run this by you.

I have:
2 male platies
3 female fancy guppies
5 cories

After plant establishment, I would like to add:
1 male Platy (maybe!)
6 male endler's live-bearers
6 ghost shrimp

Is that too much? Will I be overstocked?

I plan on a piece of bonsai wood and doing mosses and ferns. I would like to put the "tree" in the center, do a moss carpet, maybe a fern carpet instead (I need to go back and look at plants), and leave little gravel pathways with moss balls down the pathways. That's my vision. I thought the endler's live-bearers would really set off the planted tank.

Also, can someone help me figure out how to wipe down the outside back of my tank? It had water lines streaming down the whole thing. I want to add a background but I think that goes on the outside?

My tank is on a dresser with just a little bit of space between the wall and tank. If you need pictures, let me know!

Thanks everybody!

I'm not sure about guppie ratio, but I think platy are best in 1M to 2F ratio and corys should be in schools of six or more.

With livebearers you want all males if you don't want fry. Your endlers will breed with your female guppies, so if you want male endlers I'd rehome your females to another tank or something.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not sure about guppie ratio, but I think platy are best in 1M to 2F ratio and corys should be in schools of six or more.
I want males because there won't be breeding and they won't breed with my female guppies.
With livebearers you want all males if you don't want fry. Your endlers will breed with your female guppies, so if you want male endlers I'd rehome your females to another tank or something.

Oh poo! I forgot about that! Those would be really cool babies though! The female endler's live-bearers look like the males though, right? The images I found on Google (if accurate), they look similar.

No, the females look prettt bland. The babies can look neat but a lot of people frown on crossing endlers with guppies because they're hybrids :/

Back
Top Bottom