20g Tall Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Makaveli

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a tank that is not cycled yet, but I've got established filter media in there so I think it will happen pretty soon. I want to have a decent idea of what I'm looking for once it has fully cycled.

I went onto AqAdvisor and came up with this....

6 x Tetra (Probably neon or cardinal)
3 x Cory cat (Thinking peppered)
2 x Platy (Sunset)
2 x Guppy
1 x Dwarf Gourami

This put me right at 96% stocking level.

I'm not sure about the genders to choose but I know that I'm not looking for any fry.

Please let me know what you think, and feel free to suggest other options as I'm completely open to just about anything. Maybe some cool, not so common fish that I can look into.

:thanks:

If you don't want fry do male guppies and platies and I would suggest 2-3 more cories

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like I will be going with the male guppies/platies then, definitely don't want fry. Also, I did see that cories do best in groups of 4+, but I'm not sure on what I'd be willing to give up to get more of the same type of fish.

Well the thing is that even if I add just 1 more cory, AqAdvisor shows my filter going from exactly 100% down to 91%...and the stocking level to jump from 96% to 103%.
I'm pretty much a first timer when it comes to aquariums so I would kind of rather be safe than sorry.

Cory cats will always do better in groups of six. If you get less they "pair" up and don't act "normal." Go with 6 cory cats in my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aqadvisor tends to be conservative so it's good if you go to about115%-120%

Very cool thanks for the info. 6 cory cats puts me at 115% so that could be alright...I'll make sure not to get to few of them then.
Any other cool fish I could look into to maybe mix it up?

I've been doing a lot of reading up on the fish I listed here and I've come to realize that I might not want the tetras...they seem very fragile and I really never was too fond of them.

Going to update my list...taking out the 6 tetras and putting in 3 more cory cats so that I'm at 6 total, which also happens to put me at a perfect 100% stocking on AqAdvisor.

So it would look like this:

6 x Cory cat (Thinking peppered)
2 x Platy (Sunset)
2 x Guppy
1 x Dwarf Gourami

Look good?

Back
Top Bottom