250 gal stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now I've got,
7-tiger barbs
5-gold barbs
4-festivums
3-blood parrots
2-keyholes
1-blue acara
1-firemouth

Multipule corys or loaches haven't really decided between them yet.

I would fear for the cories, i would probably go for loaches and i would shoot for a school of clown loaches.

I would get rid of the tiger barbs they get a little picky sometimes!

That is exactly why they would go well with his list right now. I mean they might pick at the keyholes or the festivums a little bit but if he has a large enough school or a large enough tank they should be fine. I mean this is a 6 foot tank. He is building a good semi-aggressive tank.

I have a friend who has clowns and they're pretty sweet. How many should I go with cuz they get pretty big? Also, the tigers will be fine in a group of 7 or 8.

I have a friend who has clowns and they're pretty sweet. How many should I go with cuz they get pretty big? Also, the tigers will be fine in a group of 7 or 8.

The gold barbs and tiger barbs should school together i would think so that will be plenty. And a group of 6 or more would be fine.

Right now I've got,
7-tiger barbs
5-gold barbs
4-festivums
3-blood parrots
2-keyholes
1-blue acara
1-firemouth

Multipule corys or loaches haven't really decided between them yet.
The thing you have to remember is the keyholes, firemouth, and blue acara will spend lots of time towards the bottom of the tank because they like setting up there territory near caves, so you will need plenty of caves/rockwork. What are the diminsions of the tank? Because it depends on the amount of bottom dwellers you have depending on the floor space.

It's 7' x 3' x 4' from what I can remember. I have the specifics at home. I will def. Have plenty of rock and wood. I've already got the wood pieces (a 3' one and 3-1.5' pieces) I have A LOT of rock and I'm going to grab some more slate soon. My bottom guys will have plenty of space to get lost.

Then you have plenty of space that you havent filled yet. And a ton more things to buy. :) What bottom dwellers are you thinking about then? Besides the loach.

I've got a plecco that I'm carrying over. He's pretty small for a plecco too, but I haven't really looked into any bottom dwellers just corys and loaches. Others?

Stray away from the cories, or they will be a snack. I would look into catfish.

Ok ill do some research and let you know what I find... keep me posted if you find something I should know.

Oh and btw that jaguar cat is awesome but geez foghorn sounds in the night haha

lol, rapheal cats are cool. My friend had like 3 and when they hid there whiskers are so long yu could find them because they stuck out were ever they were hiding. You could also try some synodonis species and some porthole catfish.

I've decided that I may (not for sure yet) drop the firemouth, but I am going to go with an Electric Blue Jack Dempsey as they are not as aggressive and can thrive in semi-aggressive tanks especially a 250 gal one :)

I was actually thinking about going with a few of these guys. I have no idea how id catch them without using a net though. Haha

Hahahahaha, i thought when you said rapheal, in my mind i thought u were talking about a rapheal cat. lol. Everything i said i was talking about the pictus. I am so stupid. Go with rapheals. I plan to get a couple. They are very active and you could see there wisker no matter where they hide. lol. Very good suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom