26g company for neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

New to the forum and the world of fish. I have a newish tank. 26 gallon bowfront, so a little tall. It was chemical cycled (yes I should have read the internet before buying the tank) but all is well this far with my readings every other day.

Currently it's home to 7 neon tetras and a single peppered cory cat.

As I approach a month of clear readings and no dead fish, I'm wondering what options I'd have for one or two larger fish, as a sort of centerpiece of the aquarium? Colorful would be even better, the toddler in the house like colors!

Anything else I should be considering.

Thanks,

Russell.

Id get atleast 5 more corydoras, peppereds are my favorite too but I got 3 different species.

bigger centerpiece fish(s) maybe some different tetras or a betta? I had a 28 and they are good size and look good especially the bowfront but it really is a smaller tank.

I personally prefer a betta in that tank, but you could always get glofish for the toddler. My toddlers/kids/spawns like the oddball fish as in weird colors or patterns, something that sets it apart from the many others in the tanks. It works for me.

Hmm, perhaps I'm being snobbish. I've sort of thought of betas as a bit 'common' with kids across the country picking them up with a glass bowl at Walmart.

Anything more exotic?

They are much more enjoyable fish when they have room to breathe.

Blu, I never had that issue. even my tiger barbs arent nippers.

Back
Top Bottom