Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

26g Malaysian Theme Stocking

Hi everyone, I am starting my first tank with a 26g bowfront. So far I have two pieces of Malaysian driftwood in there on a sand substrate being cycled right now. I would like to recreate a Malaysian theme and was wondering what stocking suggestions you might have as for native fish and plants.

The centerpiece fish I would like to have is a pearl gourami. The rest I am open to suggestions. Also, any tips on gravel vacuuming sand substrate? The CaribSea Super Naturals package says not to, or to just lightly vacuum the very surface.

Thanks!

Old 06-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Not familiar with Malaysian fish but to syphon sand just hold the tube above the sand and because the fish poo is lighter than the sand, it will be sucked up without the sand being sucked up

Old 06-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Malaysian trumpet snails?

Tags
malaysia, malaysian, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com