29 gal project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thras

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just went and picked me up a 29gal tank, stand, light and filter for 100 bucks going this weekend to get some ecocomplete and start cycling and I'm changing the filter to a fluval 204 canister and putting the other on a 10gal reef aquarium I'm about to start thanks to one of my friends that's going to donate some stuff for it 

This is my tank still waiting for the gravel, heater and a few other things but wanted to make sure the three pieces of drift malaysian driftwood didn't leach anymore any my old fluval was still working good beings it's been siting for about a year or so next is some high output lighting and c02

Attachments

• image-2057053661.jpg
    image-2057053661.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 187
  • image-3027247016.jpg
    image-3027247016.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 199
I'll have the gravel and stuff later this week Im also looking for some low light plants java fern would be nice on the driftwood I think

Thanks it will be a long process but the end should turn out looking good

That is a nice piece of wood. I can see it slightly off center covered in moss and anubia, maybe a nice piece of java fern for a different shade of green and leaf size.

It's actually three pieces but they almost fit together like a puzzle

Got my stuff in today so I'll be setting it up tonight/tomorrow and starting my cycle more pictures later once it's set up!!

Do you have seeding material available from another tank? That always helps, are you planning on a fishless cycle?

On a separate note, what are your stocking plans? Planted?

No no seeding material unless someone is in the Tampa area and can hook me up with some as for plants I still have stock lighting and no co2 YET but it will come I might be getting a 75 gal soon and if I do I will put the co2 and good lights in that instead but I'm not sure yet if I am getting it was thinking about putting some java fern in it because its a low light plant but we will see later

As for Fish and plants fish I want to do a trio of apistogramma cacatuoides white gold and about 3-4 Cory cats and a few mystery snails (this will be a breeding tank)

plants i was thinking dwarf hair grass or saggitaria dwarf, green ozelot swords, ludwigia reopens, banana plant, java fern, and bacopa Australis Any suggestions on anything?

Ok I'm going to use distilled water in my tank and the kh and gh are little to none less than 3degrees and from what I have read will give u crazy ph swings I am putting some Ecocomplete in and was going to drane the bags in the tub should I beings my kh/gh is low wouldn't it bring up the kh/gh if I didn't btw I have two bags of Eco

Ok got the tank all set up and I'm starting my cycle will be going to my Lps for some low light plants today (I will be removing the air stones after the cycle

Attachments

• image-3913963828.jpg
    image-3913963828.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 112
Well went to my LFS and got a few plants what do u guys think??

Attachments

• image-2284198920.jpg
    image-2284198920.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 140
  • image-2607535727.jpg
    image-2607535727.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 142
  • image-3485375418.jpg
    image-3485375418.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 133
Yea I was going to let the plants be the background but I'm thinking black to offset the plants from the wall more

My first dose of ammo was 6-3 and today I check my levels to find a happy 4ppm ammo 5 ppm nitrite and about 5 ppm of nitrate :) (I over dosed yesterday and didn't have time for a pwc but I'm going tomorrow to get some ph down and add that to help the bacteria

Back
Top Bottom