29 gal stocking (angelfish)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone, I recently stocked my 29 gal with 2 Bolivian rams, 6 cherry barbs, and 6 kuhli loaches. It has sand substrate, a nice piece of drift wood, a decent amount of rocks, and is lightly planted (I'm going to be adding more). It also obviously has a thermometer, hob filter, and light fixture. Unfortunately, the tank looks abandoned. The loaches spend most of their time hiding under the driftwood or rocks. The rams also spend a decent amount of time hanging around the driftwood, partially hidden from sight. That leaves 6 cherry barbs coasting around the tank. Everyone gets along fine (the larger ram chases after the other one every once in a while, but only for a second or two). My question is do I have more room in the tank? And if so, what else could I put in? My LFS has some little angels which I really like, but I know they get big. But I also have read online that a 29 gal would be big enough...all thoughts, opinions, and experiences are welcome. Thanks guys!

I have been messing around on Aquadvisor, but thought some human experience and advice would be a good idea. I always like hearing about people's experience as well.

This is the tank

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434232079.588888.jpg

This is the rock cave/pile the loaches spend a lot of time in

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434232125.658522.jpg

These are the 2 rams (not certain about sexes, but THINK I have a male and female)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434232186.290822.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434232197.658457.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe the fish you already have would come out more if you add taller and denser plants. It might make them feel more secure.

Yeah I thought of that and I'm going to buy some more. This was just a start

Also, does anyone know of an aerator that is relatively quiet?

Dter - you have a beautiful tank .

Yes cge - I noticed the 29 g later .Seems you were in a rush !

Hahaha ...Nevermind it will come handy for a stenographer job as well ! @Dter -How about panda cory cats or may be increasing the number of kuhli loaches.they are confident when in numbers .

Tetra Whisper aerators are super quiet. I the ram has a small bump just before the anal fin than it is a male. I see that on one of your fish, could you get closer and stiller pics?

Sent via TIE Fighter

I think an angelfish would be OK for your setup. The only question is if the rams and angels will get along, which I do not have experience with, but the angelfish tend to stay more up in the tank and the rams are already established so it could work.

If you get a smaller angel and keep it until it gets about 4 inches in that tank than it will work.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Back
Top Bottom