29 gallon fishless cycle!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dose to 3ppm. If it zeroes tomorrow, increase it to 3.5 (then to 4ppm the next day). Once your tank is steadily zeroing out 4ppm for a few days, its safe to say your cycled! Your just about there!

Is your tank heavily planted? If not, when you have a chance, bring a sample of your tank water to be tested by your lfs for nitrate & let us know what this reads. I am a bit suspect that there may something amiss with your nitrate test. Keep us posted! :)

jlk said:
Dose to 3ppm. If it zeroes tomorrow, increase it to 3.5 (then to 4ppm the next day). Once your tank is steadily zeroing out 4ppm for a few days, its safe to say your cycled! Your just about there!

Is your tank heavily planted? If not, when you have a chance, bring a sample of your tank water to be tested by your lfs for nitrate & let us know what this reads. I am a bit suspect that there may something amiss with your nitrate test. Keep us posted! :)

Just shakes my nitrate yet Boyle really well. Then tested after that. Looks like I do actually have some nitrates. Nitrates are 5ppm

Tyler3533 said:
Just shakes my nitrate yet Boyle really well. Then tested after that. Looks like I do actually have some nitrates. Nitrates are 5ppm

You're using 10 drops of bottle #1 and 10 from #2 right? Just making sure :p

paytertot said:
You're using 10 drops of bottle #1 and 10 from #2 right? Just making sure :p

Yes. I'm gonna re test everything in a bit

Tyler3533 said:
Yes. I'm gonna re test everything in a bit

Ok so I just did a good test. Shook all the bottle up. Readings are

Ammonia: 3ppm (just doses)
Nitrite: around .4ppm
Nitrate: little darker than 20ppm

How does this look?

My tank has converted from 3ppm to 0 in a day :). Dosesd close to 4ppm today. Will have to see what it looks like tomorrow. Then of it converts gonna dose to 4ppm for next couple days. Them hopefully be done!!!

Readings today are
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
And nitrate around 40-50

Been dosing ammonia close to 4ppm for lat couple days. Am I due for a water change? Then able to add stuff?

Do you have your temp bumped up? If so, gradually reduce it over a few days. When your ready for fish (you can do this the night before), skip the ammonia, do a 100% water change with temperature matched, properly conditioned water. You want to drop your nitrates as low as possible (whatever number your tap reads). Sometimes it takes more than one big water change. If you are not familiar with drip acclimation, check out U-tube for how-to videos. Once you have fish, continue to monitor daily for atleast 2wks. Newly cycled tanks can be a bit tempermental. If you see any spikes in toxins, some extra water changes until things stabilize. Congrats & good luck! :)

Well did my end of cycle water change today! Added 4 plants to the tank. Will be getting some fish tomorrow.

Attachments

• image-956665495.jpg
    image-956665495.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom