29 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

f.ali

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys. Kinda new to fish keeping. Got a 29 g for christmas and I've already set up. Still not sure what to put in. Any suggestions?

I'm going to put 3 angelfish in mine. I'm new to fish keeping too. But my brother in law breeds angelfish & said I could put 3 in a 29 gallon.

I'm going to put 3 angelfish in mine. I'm new to fish keeping too. But my brother in law breeds angelfish & said I could put 3 in a 29 gallon.
I'm thinking more of a small community. Love angels but I'd want more than three fish in my tank. And also some variety.

29g is not enough tank for a pair much less three.

I'm thinking more of a small community. Love angels but I'd want more than three fish in my tank. And also some variety.

Myself also. That's why I chose tetras. I have been into fish for years. Large small also bread them. The family enjoys watch them. Tetras school together very well. It's interesting to watch the different breads interact. Rule of thumb for fresh water tanks is one inch of fish per gallon. Like always you have order. It's cool watching a two inch fish act as though it was two feet long.

Yes. I'll definitely get a small school of neons

Hello! I'm so glad you're setting up a tank, I set up my first one recently and I really enjoy it. Keep us posted on how it goes! :)
Personally, I think corydoras make a great addition to any tank. You could have a little schooo of them and I'm sure you'd enjoy them. I recommend getting 6-8 and choosing one species. I am very partial to panda corys, but there are tons out there you could check out. They're peaceful bottom feeders who do well in almost any community tank. I have some and I adore them, they're so wonderful and they have their own little personalities too.
I think tetras are great, too, but they're not my favorites. I have some candy canes (really quite pretty) and they're cute, but I'm going to trade them out for some platies (I love those little guys!). Livebearers like platies, mollies, or guppies are another option, but you'd have to take into account how fast they breed LOL. I'm trying to breed them, so that why I decided to get them, but they have a ton of fry. You could always get all females so they wouldn't breed, but if you want babies and both genders, one male to every two or three females.
I don't know much about any other fish, but I hope this helped. :)
Best of luck,
~DreamingInBlue

Hey. Thank you for the advice. I'm definitely getting at least 2 of those. I live in the Caribbean and we have tanks outdoors with live bearers. They do well since we have a warm climate all year.

Glad I could help. :) And that's awesome, I wish it wasn't so darn cold here, having outdoor tanks sounds really cool.

Back
Top Bottom