30 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samphotog

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys! Unfortunately I wasn't able to complete the stand yesterday but I was able to today. As of now, the water and sand are in but the new filter for it doesn't come until early next week. I have two filters on my 10 and one will be used to seed the new one and the other will eventually join this one since the 10 will house my betta after the others move out. It won't require nearly as much filtration as long as I keep up water changes and all.

This is my first time using sand but I guess I didn't wash it well enough because the water still got rather cloudy and of course I forgot the trick of using a bowl/plate to constrain the torrent. Live and learn. Once it settles I'm going to go ahead and move a filter over after an initial water test to start cycling. Is it okay to move some plants over too or should I wait for it to cycle? Thanks!

Edit: It's clearing up pretty fast so hopefully tomorrow morning!

Sweet! Only problem is it didn't clear up like I thought it would. When I got back from the gym last night I thought it would be done by today but it's not any clearer now than it was last night. I'm guessing I'm going to have to drain it and go again.

Right now the plan is to move the community of my 10 to it and then my beta to the 10. Then I want to add ~4 more Cory cats to the one (at the time of getting him, I didn't know they preferred groups and the 10 was over capacity as it was) I already have.

When I get the 40 going I'm thinking of going the dwarf cichlid route or possibly SW though I've never had either of those so I'm going to work on maintaining my 30 and 10 for a while before I really consider that.

Update: I did a 90% wc and it's much better now.ive also moved the small filter over for some water movement as well as to help get rid of any other dust that might be in there (sponge only for now)

These are some of the future inhabitants due for an upgrade from the 10
77550-albums12141-picture54792.jpg
77550-albums12141-picture54791.jpg
77550-albums12141-picture54790.jpg

Back
Top Bottom