30 gallon cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I know many of you might be against it but I'm doing a fish-in cycle.
I do a water change when readings get high.
My ammonia has now disappeared and I still have around 1ppm of nitrite and 10-20ppm of nitrate.
Is this a problem or is it a step in my cycle :S

And also. I'm trying to do a fish-in cycle in my 67 but even with 7 goldfish in there I can't get ANY reading of ammonia :/

Zero ammonia is good! 1ppm nitrite with fish is not. You need to do some water changes to drop this down to .25ppm or preferably lower while this tank is cycling. In respect to the other tank, are you using the goldfish just to cycle or do you plan on keeping them? How long has this tank been setup with the fish?

The gold fish have been in there for a week and I am keeping them because they are for my pond :)

Thats great! But, I am surprised your not getting an ammonia reading yet especially with this many goldies. Any chance of something being amiss with your test? If not, just keep testing in the meantime. :)

I was thinking of buying some more but the pond isn't really all that big either :/ if I didn't have school and stuff I really wanted to build a pond but then my dogs would probably get them...

Back
Top Bottom