30 gallon fishin cycling HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tashangel31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks so much. Totally started a tank without knowing what I was doing. Did my research got a bigger tank now.

I added a 2nd filter from a friends tank that had been running for 2 years. I'm just wondering at what point I will start seeing things cycling. I have 4 fish 3 platys 1 glofish. 30 gallon tank I have 2 penguin biowheel 150 on the tank.

My reading for ammonia has been between .25 and .50. So I immediately do a pwc. Like 50-70% wc.

My nitrites are at 0

Nitrates at 0.

I just added the second established filter yesterday. How long will it take to cycle now??

I check my water at least 4 times a day and I do wc until I see no ammonia. So I have done 3 water changes in 1 day. But usually it's just 2 times a day.

It's hard to say, but it should help fairly quickly I think, provided that the filter media stayed wet when it was being transferred between tanks.

How long as your tank been set up with fish? Cycling takes a while, but hopefully the filter media will help speed things up tremendously. Just keep checking twice a day and do water changes as needed (which you seem to be doing).

Also is it a Goldfish or Glofish? If it's a GLOfish they are a schooling fish and do best in groups of at least 6, so once your cycle is done I'd think about getting at least 5 more (just wait until the tank is fully cycled before adding more fish).

Good luck!

It's a glo fish got orange. He was the surviving fish out of 4. I have def made plans to get him more of his kind when my tank is cycled.

The tank has been up and running for about 2 weeks.

Yes the filter pad was kept wet!!!

Back
Top Bottom