30 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freak45

Aquarium Advice Regular
soo i moved up from a 10gallon to a 30 gallon i have 8 glofish and a couple of live plants and bulbs with some decorations....i was wondering how many more fish i could add..i like the peacful community fish so i was thinking maybe some more glofish and some tetras with some corys or a small pleco..but i would need driftwood for him and i don't wanna mess with driftwood yet till i learn more about this hobby....

my other question is since i have glofish is there a way were i can keep my florescent light now which is bright white for my plants and stuff but at night be able to turn on a blue light to have my glofish glow so i can see them :D is there a way i can add a blue led light

You can add some more fish to the 30g. I'd suggest getting a small school of tetra like rummynose or cardinals. Just choose one species because you'll need 5+ of one species so they can school. For corries, I like panda or julii. If you get a pleco, please make sure to NOT get a common pleco or other pleco that gets too large for your tank. You can consider a bristlenose as they stay relatively small.

Just some warning. When you transfer to the larger tank, give it some time before adding new fish. Start with just your glofish, and weeks later to a month add in the tetras or corries. Wait weeks again before adding in another species. Point is, you want your beneficial bacteria to grow gradually with the increased bioload of these new fish and not get overwhelmed. Otherwise, you'll run the risk of dangerous ammonia spikes which can kill sensitive fish like the tetras and corries.

Do you own a test kit for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates? You'll want to monitor things before the addition of new fish since you might go through mini cycles.

Anyway, for blue lights at night. Sure! I have some in my 12g and 26g. They make glofish, especially the neon green ones, appear to glow at night. I use the Current Truelumen Lunar LEDs. I bought them on Amazon. They're linkable so you buy multiple and connect it to one power adapter.

I wanna get some more glofish and some glofish tetra idk just into the whole glofish lol and moonlight setup..so I kind of just want some bottom feeders to help with clean up on the gravel any ideas

Back
Top Bottom