32G Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oscar that's an amazing piece of driftwood! I'd recommend some Java Fern for that type of driftwood, I think the two would be a nice pairing since your driftwood is thin and branchy. maybe get another piece of driftwood to balance out the negative space on the left of the tank or a bunch of java ferns/amazon swords to fill the empty space out. You could also get some foreground plants to cover up that space in the front of the tank, or you could go the driftwood reposition route and maybe have your driftwood branches pointing towards the viewer/in a different direction other than being parallel with the front face of the tank. Doing the second method would probably give the tank more depth and places for your eyes to go instead of being limited to a 2-D view

Thanks! I'm looking for a couple new plants but the java ferns at both my LFS are in real bad condition. I'm trying to get rocks and slate now and if I come across some nice ones I'll definitely pick some up.

Update!

Ok so the tank has been doing well and the few temporary fish seem happy other than not eating from the top of the tank yet. They are eating though but are still a little bit scared of me. The driftwood has some sort of white cloudy mold growing on it. I've read that this is normal with newer pieces of driftwood that weren't soaked before being put into the tank. It should go away in a week or so. The plants seem ok but i'm going to get some ferts this week and i'm still looking for slate and rocks. At this rate by next week i should be ready to start adding fish.

1 Angel
2 Bolivian Rams
6 Tetras (Unsure of type yet)
6 Corydoras either sterbai or peppered
3 Otos

and i want to try and see if i can fit a few guppies or endlers.

1 Angel
2 Bolivian Rams
6 Tetras (Unsure of type yet)
6 Corydoras either sterbai or peppered
3 Otos

and i want to try and see if i can fit a few guppies or endlers.

that sounds really cool...arent bolivian rams cichlids? just wondering:)
Im gonna get peppered corydoras and penguin tetras if you like those..

Yea Bolivian rams are cichlids. Rams are the only types of cichlids that can be kept with angels. As far as tetras and cories go? Well i liked lemon tetras from the start but i have a feeling its going to be last minute decision at the store. I really like sterbai cories but they were fairly expensive at my LFS so i'm going to try another one to compare prices and if they're the same i'll either get peppered or julis.

Oh just wondering I thought cichlids couldn't be kept with anything but cichlids. And oh I haven't seen lemon tetras before but ya that may be what I do to pics on the Internet aren't always accurate

Questions on my stock??

1 Angel
2 Bolivian Rams
6 Lemon Tetras
6 Corydoras
3 Otos

Can i put a male betta in the tank? if not what about 5 male guppies or a trio of balloon mollies? Or should i just call it stocked?

Your stock seems a lot cheaper than mine lol but I'm sure you can add some guppies or mollys but I'm the one asking the stocking questions so I'll let an expert give you the final answer.

Can you keep an Angel in a 32g?
For some reason I was looking at getting one as my centerpiece, but got turned away because I read somewhere that they need at least 50g to be happy and stress-free.

Can you keep an Angel in a 32g?
For some reason I was looking at getting one as my centerpiece, but got turned away because I read somewhere that they need at least 50g to be happy and stress-free.

Can be done but only a single one. Pairs need 40+ gallons.

Sorry! I'm a little too new to be givin' out advice other than "Hey noobie like me, go here for your fish-less cycle! *link Eco guide.

Ok did a little reading. Heres what i want now.

1 Angel
2 Bolivian Rams
1 Keyhole Cichlid
6 Lemon Tetras
6 Cories
3 Otos

Will i be ok with only one cave for the ram pair? Any opinions or help is GREATLY appreciated! :)

Be a little careful with the pair of B. Rams because if they are both males they will become very territorial and if they are a mating pair they will be very aggressive towards your lemon tetra when/if they attempt to breed.

Back
Top Bottom