36 bow front schooling fish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhiannamal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 36 gallon bow front
I have:
1 bristle nose pleco
3 Cory cats

I would like to add a school of colourful or cool looking fish
I have neon tetras in a separate tank so would like something else.
Or a few larger fish that are cool looking instead?

Not sure...
Could any one suggest anything in either of those 2 options?
I think an angle fish would be too much for a 36 gallon so that's out.

I will be adding a couple frogs and maybe a snail eventually.

I would go with antithetical type of tetra maybe some rummy noses...if not look into hatchets

:welcome: to the forum!

There are lots of options available, you can look into all the different types of rasbora, tetras, and rainbowfish. Rummynose tetras are some of my favorites, they look awesome in large schools. Also, corys like to be in groups, so you may want to add a couple more of them.

Marbled hatchets would look great and so would 5 or 6 long fin serpae tetras. Honestly they are my favourite!!

Just a few suggestions:

Rummynose, cardinal, diamond, lemon, glowlight, kerri tetras. Harlequin rasboras, blue harlequin rasboras, checker barbs, pentazona barbs, cherry barbs, furcata rainbows, threadfin rainbows, praecox rainbows, beckford pencilfish. For larger centerpiece fish I'd look into a pearl gourami or a pair of dwarf cichlids like German blue rams, kribs, keyhole cichlids, or apistogramma (cacatuoides, borellii, etc).

Harlequin rasboras

I second this. I have these in my tank and they are really active and playful fish. Fun little fish.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom