Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-15-2016, 08:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

36 Gallon Bow Front Stocking Ideas

I recently got into the hobby with a 10 Gallon tank. Now, since I have recently moved into a new house and I loved everything about my old aquarium, I have decided to upgrade to a 36 Gallon bow front (30 1/4 X 15 1/2 X 20 7/8). I wanted to map out exactly what fish I wanted in the tank. This is what I'm thinking:

8 Panda Cory
10 Black Neon Tetra
10 Cardinal Tetra
1 Swordtail [Male]
1 Guppy [Male]
1 Pearl Gourami
1 Angelfish

Also, I plan to make this my first planted tank.

Would love to hear opinions regarding the assortment of fish, and I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Congratulations on taking the leap to a bigger tank!

You run a risk with the Angel fish and guppy/tetras. Depending On the size, the angelfish may snack on them. If you buy a small one now, he'll eventually get there. Best to drop him from the plan. As for the numbers, use aqadvisor.com to input your tank dimensions and filtration and sense check your stocking level.

As always, read the sticky at the top of the forum for some great tips and don't hesitate to post if you have more questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 09-15-2016, 10:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbrawley View Post
I recently got into the hobby with a 10 Gallon tank. Now, since I have recently moved into a new house and I loved everything about my old aquarium, I have decided to upgrade to a 36 Gallon bow front (30 1/4 X 15 1/2 X 20 7/8). I wanted to map out exactly what fish I wanted in the tank. This is what I'm thinking:

8 Panda Cory
10 Black Neon Tetra
10 Cardinal Tetra
1 Swordtail [Male]
1 Guppy [Male]
1 Pearl Gourami
1 Angelfish

Also, I plan to make this my first planted tank.

Would love to hear opinions regarding the assortment of fish, and I'm definitely open to suggestions.
Are you going regular planted low Tech (low light and no CO2), high tech, NPT/Walstad planted tank? I run a heavily plalted low tech.

Remember these can dramatically impact or teplace filtration.

Also don't take the fish calculator as gospel... just a starting place.

Welcome!
- YOU NEED PLANTS!!!!
Ashenwelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:02 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for the input, I plan on doing a low-tech (low light and no C02), I plan on planting heavily at the very beginning, but am still trying to map out which plants I'm going to use.

Tags
36 gallon, 6 gallon, bow front, gallon, ideas, stock, stocking, stocking ideas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com