36 Gallon Bow Front Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gsbrawley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got into the hobby with a 10 Gallon tank. Now, since I have recently moved into a new house and I loved everything about my old aquarium, I have decided to upgrade to a 36 Gallon bow front (30 1/4 X 15 1/2 X 20 7/8). I wanted to map out exactly what fish I wanted in the tank. This is what I'm thinking:

8 Panda Cory
10 Black Neon Tetra
10 Cardinal Tetra
1 Swordtail [Male]
1 Guppy [Male]
1 Pearl Gourami
1 Angelfish

Also, I plan to make this my first planted tank.

Would love to hear opinions regarding the assortment of fish, and I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Congratulations on taking the leap to a bigger tank!

You run a risk with the Angel fish and guppy/tetras. Depending On the size, the angelfish may snack on them. If you buy a small one now, he'll eventually get there. Best to drop him from the plan. As for the numbers, use aqadvisor.com to input your tank dimensions and filtration and sense check your stocking level.

As always, read the sticky at the top of the forum for some great tips and don't hesitate to post if you have more questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I recently got into the hobby with a 10 Gallon tank. Now, since I have recently moved into a new house and I loved everything about my old aquarium, I have decided to upgrade to a 36 Gallon bow front (30 1/4 X 15 1/2 X 20 7/8). I wanted to map out exactly what fish I wanted in the tank. This is what I'm thinking:

8 Panda Cory
10 Black Neon Tetra
10 Cardinal Tetra
1 Swordtail [Male]
1 Guppy [Male]
1 Pearl Gourami
1 Angelfish

Also, I plan to make this my first planted tank.

Would love to hear opinions regarding the assortment of fish, and I'm definitely open to suggestions.
Are you going regular planted low Tech (low light and no CO2), high tech, NPT/Walstad planted tank? I run a heavily plalted low tech.

Remember these can dramatically impact or teplace filtration.

Also don't take the fish calculator as gospel... just a starting place.

Welcome!

Thanks for the input, I plan on doing a low-tech (low light and no C02), I plan on planting heavily at the very beginning, but am still trying to map out which plants I'm going to use.

Back
Top Bottom