36g stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babymama18301

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,
Here are my plans for new 36g bow front let me know what you think

2 angels
2 kribs
2 German blue rams
1 gold nugget pleco (maybe a pair if possible)
Small schooling fish( some thing that's not a fin niper)

Will be a planted tank Filter brand aqueon quiet flow 30 & 55 am I over stocked?

Sounds cool, Make sure you Don't get a breeding pair of rams, I heard they get extremely aggressive. Maybe have a school Of white cloud mountain minnows or neons? Something simple with small bioloads.

Sounds cool, Make sure you Don't get a breeding pair of rams, I heard they get extremely aggressive. Maybe have a school Of white cloud mountain minnows or neons? Something simple with small bioloads.

Ill try to get two females.

Do you think my stock would allow me to have a pair of gold nuggets or would it be to much?

Hard to say because some do get very large and some people argue they should be in at least 50...Maybe go with a smaller pleco of some sort?

All of the ones you mentioned would do fine in a 36 gallon, I personally have a clown pleco in mine, and although I rarely see him,, I really like him because of his coloring.

Maybe ill exchange the 36 and get the 46 than. The place I ordered my one gold nugget from said he'd only get 6 inches max. I guess I better get to it lol( its gunna be a whole day project but the 46 bow with stand is only 350 not to much more than 36 with Stand wish I woulda seen it before I got 36 good thing its with in return time n I haven't put fish in it yet). I build my tanks around my plecos. I don't have to have two of them just thought it would be cool. I do have a clown pleco in with my Africans and I love him!!!

So if I go with the 46 can I have the above but maybe like 2 Bolivian rams also (females)

Yes, it's better to under stock than over stock, you may be able to get a few small fish ice you see how things go. If you do have extra space is reccemned getting bronze corys they are te funniest fish to watch!

Yes, it's better to under stock than over stock, you may be able to get a few small fish ice you see how things go. If you do have extra space is reccemned getting bronze corys they are te funniest fish to watch!

I was told the gold nugget would eat smaller catfish when it gets older :-(he's in with Cory's now but he's only like 2.5 inches right now but I will have room in my 26 ( i have my two angels in there right now) once I get every thing situated and I could use a couple more Cory's so ill look into them.. The albino are my fav they are lil nut balls lol

Naenus cory would fit well, they are tiny little things with the personality of their non dwarf cory counterparts, as opposed to their hard to find relatives, the dwarf panda. These 2 types only get to a maximum of 2 inches and is not uncommon for them to stay an inch or less... If you're thinking kribs or rams and a gn pleco, though, might I suggest either dwarf chain or yoyo loaches? A group of 3 of these would do the same job as corys, similar bioload to 6 corys and stay at about 4 inches or less and are waaay more amusing- imho- watching them 'dance'. This has entertained me to the point that I have replaced all my non invert scavengers/ bottom feeders with loach schools. That's just me though, and my lobsters and predatory fish or heavy planting. Just putting my 2 cents in without the penny for my thoughts ;-)

Naenus cory would fit well, they are tiny little things with the personality of their non dwarf cory counterparts, as opposed to their hard to find relatives, the dwarf panda. These 2 types only get to a maximum of 2 inches and is not uncommon for them to stay an inch or less... If you're thinking kribs or rams and a gn pleco, though, might I suggest either dwarf chain or yoyo loaches? A group of 3 of these would do the same job as corys, similar bioload to 6 corys and stay at about 4 inches or less and are waaay more amusing- imho- watching them 'dance'. This has entertained me to the point that I have replaced all my non invert scavengers/ bottom feeders with loach schools. That's just me though, and my lobsters and predatory fish or heavy planting. Just putting my 2 cents in without the penny for my thoughts ;-)

I can't put Cory's in this new build because I was told the gold nugget would eat them when he reaches adult hood. The gold nuggets got an attitude and a half he don't like the mustard spot pleco. And the mustard spot is about 5 inches gold nugget only 2.5. Against my better judgment imma let my bf do the water changes today cause I'm stuck in bed with some kinda bug :-( not that I don't trust him but I don't let any one mess wit my tanks because if some thing happens I'd get mad at least me doing it I have no one to blame but me. But we'll see how it goes. But I'll look into both Cory's you guy listed because I do need a couple more in my 26 bow when I get everything moved to the new tank

Back
Top Bottom