37 gallon high stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Megg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm in the process of moving my 20 Long community into a 37 gallon tall. My current stock is 4 platies, 7 neon tetras, and 4 serpae tetras. I plan to get 3 more serpaes, and maybe a clown pleco.
I was wondering if I would also be able to get an angel. I've heard it's hit or miss with them and the serpaes.

I've read some reports of angelfish eating neon tetras, but not always. Serpaes can be nippy. I am considering a 37 gallon set up with an angelfish, a bolivian ram, and 7 or 8 emerald green cories. Good luck!

I've read some reports of angelfish eating neon tetras, but not always. Serpaes can be nippy. I am considering a 37 gallon set up with an angelfish, a bolivian ram, and 7 or 8 emerald green cories. Good luck!

Do you have pics of the tank? It sounds like one of my dream tanks, lol.

<g.m.t.a>

I'm in the process of moving my 20 Long community into a 37 gallon tall. My current stock is 4 platies, 7 neon tetras, and 4 serpae tetras. I plan to get 3 more serpaes, and maybe a clown pleco.
I was wondering if I would also be able to get an angel. I've heard it's hit or miss with them and the serpaes.

My angels were the first to be introduced so they were quite territorial with the tetras we added (black skirts and later red eyes). Murdered both within two nights. My angels have never eaten neons, perhaps the neons were too small and angels too big? My angels are still young adult sized and my neon tetras adults.

<g.m.t.a>

This thread is a few months old. I've since done plenty of my own research on other forums and websites.
The 2 main issues with keeping angels and neons together are
1) temperature compatibility (angels need 78-80 degrees F and neons need 72-75 degrees F)
2) angels can do well with neons for awhile and end up eating them, or they can do fine forever. Impossible to say what will happen.

Serpaes and angels shouldn't be kept together as serpaes are extremely nippy fish and the angels are easy targets.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom