37 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lokkzer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here's what I have planned so far. Not set in stone either so if anyone sees a problem lemme know please.

8 zebra danios
8 cherry barbs
8 X-ray pristella tetras
1 Bolivian ram
2 emerald green Cory catfish
3 peppered Cory cats
4 otos (to be added when well established)

I will have 2 marineland penguin 200 filters. A black sand bed. Driftwood with plants and moss, and a back wall of anachris.

I was also wondering if I needed an RO/DI unit. I have tap water with a ph of about 7.8. I know it's not extremely high and that I have selected all hardy fish, but I don't want them to have to be hardy. You know? Anywho, please advise. Thank you. :)

I'm guessing the AA Pro's missed this one. And sorry can't advice on your situation but will send it to the top and I'm sure someone will help.

Dennis

No real problems however, I was always told that different cories will shoal together. My emerald cories and albino cories absolutely do NOT. So maybe stick with one variety of cory. A stable pH is much more important than the 'perfect' pH, so don't mess with it.

I'd say you could add another ram, or something along the lines of another small school.

on the cories as long as they look close to the same and stay the same size it should be ok cories arent racist

Haha. Racist cories. Ok I'll see how it works out at first. If they don't like each other I'll take back the emerald ones and get more peppered.

I wasn't too sure on getting another ram if I had enough room. But if you think I could, would it matter if it were male/female? M/M? F/F?

Thanks for all the responses btw.

Lokkzer said:
Haha. Racist cories. Ok I'll see how it works out at first. If they don't like each other I'll take back the emerald ones and get more peppered.

I wasn't too sure on getting another ram if I had enough room. But if you think I could, would it matter if it were male/female? M/M? F/F?

Thanks for all the responses btw.

I'd do a female, and give two caves on opposite sides of the tank they can claim.

allaboutfish said:
two males would probably have territorial issues

Think so? Ive got no experience, but theyre cichlids of the same species and it's a rather large tank.. I bet theyd be all right with hiding spots.

i think there would be ive seen videos of the dominant one attacking the other plus the weaker one wouldnt be as colorful as the dominant and the dominant wouldnt be as beautiful as one that was with a female.

allaboutfish said:
i think there would be ive seen videos of the dominant one attacking the other plus the weaker one wouldnt be as colorful as the dominant and the dominant wouldnt be as beautiful as one that was with a female.

Maybe! I don't quite know. I agree with the female idea though.

I don't think those two cory species will shoal with one another. Brochis splendens get much larger than corydoras paleatus anyway, you'd be better off sticking with one species.

I've heard of similar sized cory species shoaling with one another but I've mixed a few species and they seem to prefer being with their own kind.

Ok. So 2 female rams and one species of Cory. I think I'll get peppered because I'm getting black sand. :)

Lokkzer said:
Ok. So 2 female rams and one species of Cory. I think I'll get peppered because I'm getting black sand. :)

I'd go a male and a female ram btw..

Sorry. One more question for anyone still following. Is there a specific order to add fish in? Like so they establish a territory and don't cause violence? Or does it not matter because they're all peaceful fish?

Back
Top Bottom