3rd tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got myself a 10 gallon tank to house dwarf chiclid... Don't know what kind yet? And don't know if they can breed with different dwarfs? So far I've used gravel as a base with 2 living plants, got it cycling now but I think it will take a while as gravel has made the tank very cloudy! Will have to do a few water changes before I buy the fish, gives me time to choose what dwarfs to add to their own community.

For a 10 gal you're pretty limited to maybe a pair of bolivian or german blue rams, but that's probably about it with the Cichlids. Apistos prefer a harem and need a larger tank, shell-dwellers need more room for territory. Most angels get too large.

I'd reccomnend not doing dwarfs in this tank size. It's pretty small. But if you are set, I'd say 2 Bolivians

Was only thinking of putting a pair in their, then hopefully get them to spawn, then when the fry are fish ill get them a bigger tank :)

I'm going to put some rock in there as well, I've been told wood ain't very good, will make rock formation to form a cave, just have to break the marble rock I brought into pieces of art work

Back
Top Bottom