44 Gallon Pentagon up and running!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommaof4boys

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hubby and I ran around and got everything we needed to set the pentagon up... Water is still cloudy but I have faith in my AquaClear filter to change that! :) I can't wait to figure out what to put in there!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120401_013121.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120401_013121.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 164
  • ForumRunner_20120401_013133.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120401_013133.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 209
Thank you! I have no idea what I'm going to put in there! I'm not even sure if I have the live plants placed right... I put them down in the substrate, so I'm hoping that was the right choice! LOL So far I'm fishless cycling! I have a Pleco in my 10 gal that I'm thinking about moving over until I can find him a new home to help the cycle... plus the pet store gave me some conditioner that has the bacteria in it? So maybe that will help the cycle process as well!! :)

How long has that water been in there? Also get that test kit ready cause you will be doing a lot of that. You can use the water out of the other tank to speed it up with the cycle and even your filter pads from the other tank if its time to clean or change them.

Andrew McFadden said:
How long has that water been in there? Also get that test kit ready cause you will be doing a lot of that. You can use the water out of the other tank to speed it up with the cycle and even your filter pads from the other tank if its time to clean or change them.

I just filled it up at about midnight/ 1am this (April 1st) morning! I bought the master test kit when I bought everything for the tank as well... Anxious to try it out! :) As.far as the filter from the other tank goes, I don't think I'm ready for a new one and I just rinsed it out at the last water change... I am considering putting the pleco in there though...

I just filled it up at about midnight/ 1am this (April 1st) morning! I bought the master test kit when I bought everything for the tank as well... Anxious to try it out! :) As.far as the filter from the other tank goes, I don't think I'm ready for a new one and I just rinsed it out at the last water change... I am considering putting the pleco in there though...

When you do your next water change put that water in this tank to help it get going faster. PM me if you need any help

Are you planing to swap all the fish to the 44 G?

Actually, No, I'm planning on moving the Black Skirt and the Rasbora to a 20 Gal as soon as I get it set up, planning on using the 10 gal for a little nano tank, and then I'm going to TRY to use the 29 gal for a nano marine tank! I'm unsure of what I'm going to do with the 44 gal... Probably make a post for suggestions on stock! :)

Back
Top Bottom