50 gallon long. need help with stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brittanykluss

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I got my dad into aquariums now and hes got a 50 long, so far we have 1 red tip black shark, 3 tiger barbs ( will get 3 more next week ). we were thinking of adding a bolivian ram and a krib. what other fish would go well in this tank? he is looking for semi - aggressive or more schooling fish like the barbs. can we get different barbs? we have it pretty nicely planted with plant substrate and gravel, and lights for the plants. all real plants

15wdlw6.jpg

any of the 3-spot gourami (e.g gold, blue, opaline) will be a nice centerpiece.

clown loaches are a good bottom dweller. And they will school with your tiger barbs :)
You could squeeze 4, and make that your primary bottom dweller.

Clown loaches are way too big for a 50L long term, so I wouldn't go there personally. I like the way you scaped, but there is a non-aquatic plant in the front and center that you may have issues with eventually.

Clown loaches are way too big for a 50L long term, so I wouldn't go there personally. I like the way you scaped, but there is a non-aquatic plant in the front and center that you may have issues with eventually.

yeah it said semi aquatic will replace when it dies. any other suggestions on fish?

Back
Top Bottom