54 liters (14 gallons) stocking with schooling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

latvian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I just received a small 54 liters (approx. 14 gallon) 60x30x30 cm aquarium for a free and I want to hear your opinion about my stocking plan and want to know your recommendations too.

I am thinking of stocking this small aquarium with 10 Cardinal Tetras (very much interested in schooling) and a couple of shrimps. I want also to use white sand as the substrate and to add rocks in the middle of the aquarium and to keep the rest of the tank empty.

Is this aquarium enough for 10 Cardinal tetras and is it ok to keep it unplanted?

What are your stocking recommendation for such a tank?

Thanks in advance

14 gallon is enough for 10 cardinals and some shrimp! If you want something extra in your tank, you might want to look into corydoras pygmaeus, these are very playful fish. 4-5 should suffice.

Well you can leave it unplanted, but I like to think that once you go planted, you never want bare tanks again. It all makes it so much more natural. If you think that they are too much work, I shall list some easy, non-demanding plants for you ;)

Sand is a good substrate, especially for non-planted tanks. If you do choose to go planted, you might want to add some roottabs. Since sand is inert, it doesn't contain any nutrients of it's own.

I'll be around, if you need more info!

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Back
Top Bottom