55 Gallon Angle Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbz99

Aquarium Advice Activist
I would like to start up a 55 gallon angle fish cummunity but am unsure what other fish should go with my angles. I was also wonder how many angels you would suggest to me. Right now I was thinking...
Angles x2
Some sort of tetra(smaller) x8-10
Clown loaches x4
Peacock eel x1 (maybe)
Some sort of Cory cat x4-5ish?

Would this be a good set up? Too much or too little? Also if you have any ideas for a amazon bio type with the angles that would be great too! Thanks!
~Zac

I would like to start up a 55 gallon angle fish cummunity but am unsure what other fish should go with my angles. I was also wonder how many angels you would suggest to me. Right now I was thinking...
Angles x2
Some sort of tetra(smaller) x8-10
Clown loaches x4
Peacock eel x1 (maybe)
Some sort of Cory cat x4-5ish?

Would this be a good set up? Too much or too little? Also if you have any ideas for a amazon bio type with the angles that would be great too! Thanks!
~Zac

I would do 3 angels, if they pair you may have to return one, 18 rummy nosed tetras and either med sized 8 corys or some smaller loaches..clowns get huge, I'm pretty sure peacock eels will be a nono in your setup too..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay thanks, I meant zebra loaches I believe as well haha 4, 1' fish wouldn't be good in a 55 lol
So you are thinking 3 angles, 18 tetras and some Cory's? That sounds good to me...what do you think about the. Zebra loaches though?

Either zebras or corys, both species do much better in larger groups..I'd personally do the big troop of corys..

8 med size or 6 of the larger variety..

Okay thanks for the help, is that all you think I should put in there...I was also thinking about rainbows

I think a bio type would be cool, would this work well?
3 angle fish
18 rummy nose tetras
8 cories
Otocinclus 3

For plants I was thinking
Plants:
Rangeri Sword
Narrow Leaf Chain Sword
Jungle Val
Stargrass
Cabomba

I would also add some driftwood and rocks