55 gallon big fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So barracudas how many can fit in a 55 and can they be in there with pictus catfish

Rather than going through all this effort with breeding your own guppies in a kiddie pool yada yada, why not go with a different fish? Do puffer fish count as predatory for you? You already said you knew how to grow snails, and you could grow those in the 10 gallon with your brother's dojo (I REALLY hope that dojo is moving to a bigger tank soon since they need 30-50 gallons and friends, but that's a whole 'nother ball of wax). All of the larger puffers are brackish however, but if you're willing to do a brackish tank then there's a wide variety of puffers that would be happy in a 55 gallon tank. If you go with a Figure 8 puffer instead of a Green Spotted you might even be able to have tankmates like a dragon goby, bumblebee gobies, or mollies with it, depending on the puffer's personality, or instead you could do a group of South American Puffers (they'll need teeth trimming though). Puffers tend to be very personable and active, so the tank will seem less boring even if you don't have many fish in there. If you have to have a freshwater tank, Dwarf Puffers are the only pure freshwater puffer options, which are likely way too small for your liking. South American Puffers only require 1.005 salinity, which is pretty "light" salinity as far as brackish tanks go.

Up to you, but I'd say this would take far less space and be easier to feed than trying to go with piscavores instead of the invertebrate eating predators like puffers.

Reactions: HN1
I've had puffers before and there's no way on earth on going to put a bunch of them in a 55 gallon aquarium my 55 is specifically for predators only I don't a community tank I absolutely despise those (no offense to whom ever has one) yes they're pretty. But I don't like pretty I like ugly fish that can potentially bite a finger off I'm just going to buy a small storage tote and fill it with water and all that and just have it in my room

So barracudas how many can fit in a 55 and can they be in there with pictus catfish

No. Just no. I think you've been offered good advice so far in this thread and believe it has run it's course. If you have other specific questions, feel free to post a new topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom