55 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgaaan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just set up a new 55, I plan on seeding the tank with a filter from a smaller tank that I have currently running. I wanted to stock the tank with tropical fish and I need people's advice and ideas on what to put in my tank.
I really like smaller fish in more numbers, such as guppies, Molly's, gouramis, tetra.
I also plan on adding plants to the tank. I have a aqueon quiet flow 55/75 on the tank,

Please help??

Attachments

• image-2511393129.jpg
    image-2511393129.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3849711841.jpg
    image-3849711841.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 59
We have two thick lip gouramis 3 angels two German golden rams and one balloon angel ram in our 45. In our 29 we have two powdered blue dwarf Gouramis 2 pinneapple swordtails one tuxedo swortail one balloon Molly and one pepppermint Platy.

Gouramis have great personalities and the angels are very smart. The balloon Molly loves bubbles.

His buddy has a school of hatchets and has said they like to dive bomb the aquarium floor

We had a terrible experience with Teresa. Diamond Teresa. They terroized our tank. All three were males. Our ram chiclids lost all their color. We took them back(after it took an hour to catch them) and got different fish. Our tank is now very happy. That experience has turned is off Teresa....at least for now

I really like German blue rams, I haven't really seen any gold rams before. But the local lfs has only gbr. I was wondering if I would be able to keep 4 or so in the tank along with other fish?

Rams are just fine with other fish. Ours don't bother anyone. Occassionally one of ours will hang out with Raj the Angel. Our rams love places to hide though so make sure plenty of cover is suppplied.

Our lfs said putting different Rams together wouldn't be an issue.

Oh and just make sure you have room for four. Saying goes inch of fish per gallon.

I really like German blue rams, I haven't really seen any gold rams before. But the local lfs has only gbr. I was wondering if I would be able to keep 4 or so in the tank along with other fish?

You might be able to keep 4 with sight breaks. Once they pair up they become very territorial.

If they are all males ??

I'd say 2 should be fine. 4 ? On paper can work. In life, its going to depend on your tank set up and the sexes and personalities of your fish.

Well I do plan on having it be a planted tank, with various driftwood and rocks. I'm guessing it would be okay to have two pair then?
Update, I bought 8 neon tetra today, i am currently holding them in a 10 gallon until I get the 55 up to a reasonable temp!

Back
Top Bottom