55g plan :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hopefully I will be getting my 55g set up sometime soon (hopefully today or tomorrow, we have a table to put it on just have to go get it.. Hopefully my husband and his friend are doing that today!)! So I've been thinking about my stock... And I want some suggestions for some new fish. My current stock in my 30g is as follows:
1x albino pleco
1x balloon Molly
4x platy (one adult and three fry)
2x Bolivian rams (I have 3 but one is in my 10g because it got very very nippy to my other 2).
2x peppered cories
3x bronze cories
6x serpae tetras.

I saw a member earlier today mention black ruby barbs to someone and I really like them, I've also seen long fun rosy barbs LFS had in at one point and really liked them as well. Any other suggestions? Also I plan on finishing out my shoals of cories to 5 bronze and 5 peppered cories.

Brick swordtails look amazing with my rams. But you may have already known that

Black ruby barbs are awesome. They look like tiger barbs, but aren't that nippy. Ruby barbs are neat, but grow to 6", so they take up a considerable amount of space. Look into emperor tetras. When full grown, their finnage is very elegant, especially for tetras ;).

EDIT: Rosy Barbs grow to 6" and take up a considerable amount of space, not Black Ruby Barbs.....I thought it sounded wrong when I was typing it......

Back
Top Bottom