55g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralphie126

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking about geting a 55g tank and for stocking i have 2 female convict cichlids and rainbow shark, schooling tiger barbs (4 or 5), maybe some dwarf puffer if i can find one for sale. what else should i put it or is that too much?

Puffers really need some salt, while the other fish you list don't. Also, the personality of fish listed (ie convicts vs puffers) don sound like a good mix.

Dwarf puffers will get killed/eaten by the convicts IMO, DP are 100% freshwater and don't need any salt. Just DP would be a waste in a 55 IMO.

The convicts, a redtail shark and a school of larger tetras like congos would look pretty good in a 55. Just add plenty of hiding places and breaks in line of sight.

So far im thinking of the convicts and the shark and some tbs..... what else would be cool in their? some more cichlids or something else?

TBS? If you're talking about tiger barbs I think they would be to nippy. I wouldn't add anymore than what I really suggested because the bottom of the tank will be taken up by the convicts and shark. The shark may even be pushing it when it comes to spawning time for the convicts.

You have to account for the adult sizes of the fish. The tank will look empty at first buy will look quite good when all the fish have grown up.

I know they will grow.... so im thinking of giving a female convict away and getting a male to breed them in the 55...... so in the tank their will be the convict pair, the shark and a electric yellow lab or krib pair

actually no kribs just the 2 pairs of breeders.... convicts and labs.... in a 55gallon tank

Back
Top Bottom