55gal setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even better is to get 2 AC70's. You will be able to clean the filter media on an alternating schedule and help save the beneficial bacteria.

Also, you can get 2 AC70's for almost the price of 1 AC110. Another plus is the fact that filter media for the 70's is about 50% cheaper than the 110's. And yet 1 more plus is you'll have more GPH and more surface agitation with the dual setup. :D

I ended up going with the dual AC70 setup and the reasons above are why. Good luck!

Scroll up... I got a fluval 305 canister filter :p

Got a few things done today.

Went and got 24lbs of substrate - two 12lb bags, one black one brown. This will be mixed with prolly 5 of the 10lbs of substrate i have in my 5 gal, and got some prime. As well as a little mesh bag - You'll see in pic why - PRE FILTER!

Hooked up the canister filter and the lines. Just need to open the media bags and rinse it with water change water from the 5 gal when i go to setup the 55gal.

img_1177261_0_f8ee3cfc8a98fcc23df0a78e9f286641.jpg

img_1177261_1_a7861b561d40c93bac396f332603483d.jpg

Since the tank isn't set up yet, I would recommend a background. It's easier to put on when the tank isn't up and running. Painting it with spray paint is actually something I regret not doing when I took down my tank last time to move.

Filled up and RUNNING!

VERY dirty water from substrate atm. Hoping it'll clean up soon with filter running.

Filled... rock and drift wood was randomly put into the tank... kinda close to liking it how it went actually lol. Dust still settling a little.

img_1179394_0_024ddad1449d7e0f67943853baef7ff5.jpg

I took advantage of the aquacave black friday coupon for 10% off... got me a 48" LED light setup that I saw in LFS yesterday and spent like 100$ less and a mag float since i don't have one and figure that'd be good thing to get.

While at in-laws found ace hardware and got my ammonia :) bits for diy co2 prolly happening tomorrow with some plants

Back
Top Bottom