55gal stocking HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

93MSB

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm fishless cycling a 55gal right now and I expect it to be done in the next week or two. I'm trying to come up with a good stocking but i cant make up my mind when it comes to mid and upper level fish.

this is what my current thoughts are:

1x red tail black shark (not budging on this guy)
3-4x angelicus loach
2-3x CPO crayfish
1x pleco (havent decided on type, something 5-6in max)

i really wanted either harlequin rasbora or a tiger barb school, i also might consider black skirt tetra an option
so
i thought about a pair of angels, but the tiger barbs are too nippy and the rasboras might be a snack.

i also thought about bolivian rams but they are more mid-low and its already looking crowded down low

does anyone have any suggestions? or concerns about my stocking idea

I wouldn't recommend the crayfish with all those bottom dwellers. I would do something like

1- Red Tailed Shark
4- Angelicus Loaches
1- Pleco I would do a Bristlenose or Green Phantom
8- Tiger Barbs
6- Black Skirt Tetras

My tank finished cycling this weekend! I cleaned the large debris from the filter pads and did a 50% pwc, so its off to the store tonight!

I'm planning on picking up the RTBS and the loach's. Im also going to move my two false harlequin rasbora from my 30gal.

I'm also debating on moving my bristlenose pleco from my 30gal. I love that green phantom you mentioned, but from what i googled it looked a little expensive. As of right now $25-30(b4 shipping) is all im willing to spend on a single fish. I would get another bristlenose, but i want some variety

i also thought about having two schooling fish, if i did though i would do rasboras + tiger barbs. Im going to fill it in later though because i would really rather have a pair or trio of larger colorful fish

If you would want a pair or trio of large fish I would do a stock list of the loaches, shark, rasboras and 3 pearl gouramis. Also you could definitley add your pleco to. I would just not get the tigers since they would harasss your gouramis constantly.

I like the gouramis, I was afraid though that the shark would be too aggressive for them. I'll do some research on that, thanks!

They worked in my old tank i did have a pearl gourami and red tailed shark and they ignored eachother all the time.

i did some browsing at the stores around town and saw a possible solution...

what does everyone think about African Spotted Leaf Fish with tiger barbs?

Back
Top Bottom