56gal column tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone have recommendations for low light plants? I might get some flourish also.

Fishobsessed7

I got 5 Angels and 4 Bolivian Rams.

I know it's a lot to add at once but I got the Angels at one store, then we went to the other store and they had the Rams so I couldn't help myself. They don't usually stock the Rams and I knew they probably wouldn't be there next time I went so I got them.

I also got a QT tank, so I'm going to put one ram in there that wasn't doing so well and the rest will go into the main tank.

Fishobsessed7

Everything's doing good. O switched to a black BG today.

I did have one angel die the day after I got it but the rest are fine.

Fishobsessed7

Here you goImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422407492.767883.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422407507.841138.jpg

There is a slight amount of tea coloring in the water from the tannins.

Fishobsessed7

Do you guys think a single peacock gudgeon would be ok with the Rams?

I got some flourish and some more cories yesterday.

I found a new store! It's also local! The tanks are disgusting but the fish look good. Angelfish are also cheaper there than at the big box stores.

Fishobsessed7

I added some Anubias nana to the DW and put some staurogyne repens in front of the DW.

I am now dosing flourish and using root tabs.

Fishobsessed7

The plants have grown a little, but not Much else is new.

Fishobsessed7

I have diatoms, green hair, and some sort of soft green algae. I'm going todo a blackout, and them reduce the hours the light is on.

Fishobsessed7

I don't have co2.

It's mostly diatoms, which I know are caused by excess silicates and should go away with time. The green and hair algae is manageable, but ugly.

Fishobsessed7

Ok, I noticed when my co2 ran low I started to get GBA.
Maybe try a DIY rig to see if it helps?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I removed all the artificial stuff to give the plants more room. I didn't realize how much they shaded the plants!

I have a small cory that is getting stuck to the filter intake. He's perfectly healthy so is he just to small to fight the filter? The Plecos are smaller than him and they don't have any problems with the filter should I put a sponge over the intake?

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom