56gal column tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishobsessed7

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I am getting a 56gal column for Christmas, and I'm wondering if this stock sounds alright to you ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417200015.856169.jpg

Fishobsessed7

Sounds okay, the bottom should be big enough for cories

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Ok thanks, that's the thing that mostly concerned me was cory space.

Fishobsessed7

Anyone have any suggestions on what to change/remove/add?

Fishobsessed7

A few more swordtails? They would fill the mid section nicely, as will the angels

Nice Christmas gift! I like the stock list as is, post pics as you go!

Would the tank be to high for a betta? Dimensions are 30-18-24

Fishobsessed7

Would the tank be to high for a betta? Dimensions are 30-18-24

Fishobsessed7
\My main concern would be the angels. depending on the betta, He may harass the angels. I would get a placket or a short fin betta, like mebbid stated above.

Ok I already have a butterfly betta from petco. He doesn't seem to be a wonderful swimmer but I got him Wednesday. I also have a half moon.

Fishobsessed7

Ok, I guess the betta just pretends to be depressed when I'm there watching him. The lights were off and when I turned them on, he was swimming around and then he darted to the bottom.

Fishobsessed7

Here's a pic. Don't worry it was not look this bad when it's finished. This is the "cycling look".

I plan to switch the background to black and go with live plants.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419477515.023800.jpg

Fishobsessed7

Here's a pic. Don't worry it was not look this bad when it's finished. This is the "cycling look".

I plan to switch the background to black and go with live plants.View attachment 259258

Fishobsessed7

We have our first problem! There is quite a bit a flow and I'm not so sure the Angels will work out. I'm definitely not putting a betta in. The filter is aqueon quite flow 55/75. It is rated 400gal per hour. Would the angel be fine? The filter is on the side of the tank instead of the back if that means anything.

I also am gonna need to replace the swords most likely because I'm probably not gonna have a hood. The filter is to big for the hood and I also cracked the glass. :hide: what would be a good fish to replace the swords that doesn't jump/ most likely won't jump.

Fishobsessed7

Angels could probably workstill. I run 620 go on my 75 with no problems. Planting up the tank will help keep the angels comfortable

Angels could probably workstill. I run 620 go on my 75 with no problems. Planting up the tank will help keep the angels comfortable

Ok thanks. I didn't really want to get rid of them so I'm glad they'll work out!

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom