5ft 60gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmore2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I currently cycling my tank and I wish to have a school of 10 neons, 6cherry barbs, 2angels, 2german blue rams, 2cobolt blue gourami, and bottomfeeders pleco catfish. Was also thinking about having school of glass catfish
Would that work. I'm sure it's not all going to be possible but advice would be great cheers

Hi, welcome and nice to have you. :welcome:

What are the dimensions of the tank? At 5', it seems it would be more gallons!?!

Also depending on dimensions, some fish like wider tanks like Angels which can get so big, so either way, curious on size.

Is this your first tank?

There are a great many shapes, colors and maximum sizes for Plecos Most are really monster sized and need gigantic tanks to live the best life.

There are Bristlenose, and Clown Plecos, Pitbull Plecos and Otocinclus. Many of the Plecos love being in groups. Planet catfish is a vast resource for lots of info.

It's dimensions is 1500m x 400mm x 380mm.

I understand that my pleco would have to be a dwarf size one. I don't want a bristlenose. I've seen my LFS has gold spec plecos. Do they get big? This isn't my first tank I have a 10gal betta tank. And had guppies in it before.
So do you think that combo would work? Would their be any order to introduce them

It's dimensions is 1500m x 400mm x 380mm.

I understand that my pleco would have to be a dwarf size one. I don't want a bristlenose. I've seen my LFS has gold spec plecos. Do they get big? This isn't my first tank I have a 10gal betta tank. And had guppies in it before.
So do you think that combo would work? Would their be any order to introduce them

The Gold Spec, I was coming up with a few variations of Gold Spot and they can vary in sizes 4" on to 12" and some of them are very slow growers.

Tour tank in inches is approximately 59" wide x 15" x 15.75"

Due to Angels very tall height including their fins they are recommended to be in tanks around 20" or 51cm / 510mm, but I just read that around 16" 40.5 cm is sufficient.

The Rams and Angels might squabble over egg laying space if you have pairs, and you may need to be able to set up a divider.

I would see if you could look into Cardinal Tetras if your pH is around 7.2 or below

You will want a mature and very stable tank before adding Rams and Cardinals (Neons not as much a big deal)

I will need to go back and see your tank stock wish list. But maybe start with your group of Cherry Barbs.

Okay thanks. So you recommend the cherry barbs first. Would I also put neons in soon after?

Hey I currently cycling my tank and I wish to have a school of 10 neons, 6cherry barbs, 2angels, 2german blue rams, 2cobolt blue gourami, and bottomfeeders pleco catfish. Was also thinking about having school of glass catfish
Would that work. I'm sure it's not all going to be possible but advice would be great cheers

Completely cycled tank
Cherry Barbs 2 males and 4 females
Catfish or Pleco if it is NOT sensitive or need a very established tank

Which kind of Gourami, if it is a blue Gourami they can get 6"
I have a Blue Gourami with my Angels and I have no problem, some people have sometimes it is a cranky fish
Dwarf Gourami 2-3"

Neons or if Cardinals, I would wait for a while.
So after a couple months of continued stable conditions.

Baby Angels after a month or few and then the Blue Rams sometime after that as long as they are at least the same size. Only if the tank is staying stable. They are very sensitive fish and like very specific water quality and pH, and a mature and stable tank. Lots of understanding of the best possible conditions is merited or you may be throwing your money away.

Also there are differences in colors and quality of fish, so start looking around and see the differences and see if you can find a good supplier.

I have kept many of these fish but not Blue Rams, though they are on my list. So I have been checking them out for about 6 months. ;)

I think Glass Cats also like an established tank and are a shy group which like perfect water. Maybe don't go with Angels, can't remember, but I haven't had them,

You are welcome!

Sounds like you will have a beautiful tank.

Please post a start up pic! It is fun to see how many changes we can go through!!!

Oh yes I meant to also add driftwood is usually VERY important to Plecos.

Often they leach tannins (make the water yellow), so if you were able to start soaking any DW even if you planned to change it later or add something amazing later, having a good one ready for the Pleco now is a smart move.

If you start a new thread for your tank later, please pm me so I can follow along.

I'm gunna start thread now haha you inspired me :)

Awww thanks! It's my bedtime! lol

Just post the link of the new thread here and I will check in on it tomorrow (today really, but after sleeping lol!)

Yeah will be up next week as I Am still cycling / gravel vac / setting up my lighting. I'm having a 55w Fluro as my lighting. So I will start when I get my fishes :)

Hey I got my tank cycled. Got a few wee tetras in it now. (Borrowed my sisters tetras that she's breeding) not sure what to do for the bottom dwelling fish. As in I'm not sure what to get.

Back
Top Bottom