6 Gallon Freshwater Fluval Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

electro_cute

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:cool: Hi there!

My name is Angel and I live in Vancouver Canada. I am pretty new to the world of aquariums besides taking care of a male betta for 2.5 years.

My partner and I recently decided to take the plunge and get an actual freshwater aquarium. We bought a 6 gallon Fluval Edge. Along with the aquarium we got 6 guppies and some live plants/decorations.

We started the tank with a substrate that came with water in order to introduce beneficial bacteria to the tank right off the bat.

Overall it has been really hard for us to keep fish healthy - we started out with 6 guppies and now we only have 2 left. This could have been caused because we added 4 sunset tetras to the tank after 10 days of having started the cycling.

Right now I have 2 male guppies and 3 sunset tetras left and I am doing my best to keep them healthy. I do partial water changes and test the water for ammonia and PH frequently.

Our latest PH reading was 7.5 and our ammonia showed up at 0.5

I am sad to keep losing fish so I would welcome any suggestions/criticism/feedback.

Look forward to talking to you.

For a video of my tank feel free to click on this link: ‪Fluval Edge Aquarium‬‏ - YouTube

Cheers

Angel

Adding a dose of Seachem Stability might help. It worked for me though it could cause a crash later. Im not sure if it does or not but might help...

I do weekly 25 to 30% PWCs and I test my water every couple of weeks.

I finally cycled about 1 month ago and since then all my fish/shrimp/snails are happy :)

Back
Top Bottom