60L biorb tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beckiie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 60L biorb tank and put my water in with my fish its only
For goldfish but my tank has got condensation on the outside i keep wiping it but keeps coming back.
Can anybody help me why it is doing this? And will it ever go ?

You could use a small fan blowing on it to evaporate it.

Do you use an evaporative cooler, or have a humidifier in the house?

Difference in the temp of the water and outside temp can cause that.

What temp is the tank running at?

Getting the temp of the tank and room more similar will help.

As for the tank for GF... the gallon size is ~15.5G 80L would be a minimum tank size for GF. ~115L would even be better for ONE fish. Also depends on which type of GF you have, fancy or Comet.

Here is a link for a great visual and info on GF size
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...uire-big-tanks-visual-perspective-265871.html

I know that wasn't your primary concern, but it will likely eventually cause the death of your fish, so I felt it was important to mention.

Is your place air conditioned?

note: Air conditioners (to reduce warmer temperatures) are also de-humidifiers. That's why you never see little driplets on a cold beer or soda pop glass/cans in air conditioned places - it's also why humidifiers are often needed in baby's rooms. Adult humans don't need humidity so much (we have bigger systems and the ability to get a drink when we want) - but some humidity is good for babies - as a general rule.

Back
Top Bottom