65 Gallon Aquarium and Stand Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I typically just put my sand in the tank and add a very small amount of water and just work it around with my hands for a VERY long time.

I found this way easier than doing it in a bucket then having to move it to the tank later.

The hoses often come in one big piece for you to cut and assemble so you can make it lopsided if you want. If there isn't enough in the package to reach, you just buy another length of the same tubing. Mine was a little bit short for a tall tank but putting the filter on a shelf solved that as well as freeing up space underneath.

Thanks tnfinfan!

Got my 16.9 oz bottle of prime today. Ordered it yesterday off eBay! Should have my ammonia and master test kit either tomorrow or the beginning of the week. I'm either buying the fluval 305 tomorrow if petsmart has it or ordering it online.

We'll finish staining the finishing our stand this weekend. Plans are to get the tank on the stand this weekend as well. Then off to pick our substrate. I really want to do some sand and put live plants in it now that I've seen so many pictures of planted tanks on this forum. Not really sure if it is something I should tackle my first cycle.

Start off with Anubis Nana and java fern. Good easy plants that don't require much at all. I have one of each in my community tank and they're doing good with just a little flourish every week.

I just got my shipment of plants from Peabody's yesterday. Can't begin to tell you how pleased I am that I asked on these boards and was pointed in his direction!

PetSmart has an awesome online deal going on right now.

Order placed-
Fluval 305
EHEIM Jager Heater (We have a heater, decided to pick up a backup)
Top fin air pump
12'' LED top fin bubble wand
Digital Thermometer
Silicone airline tubing
Coralife digital power center

Saved just under $100 on this order. Only thing we need now is the substrate and we can start our cycle. Getting that anxious feeling!!

Start off with Anubis Nana and java fern. Good easy plants that don't require much at all. I have one of each in my community tank and they're doing good with just a little flourish every week.

What type of substrate would you suggest if we decided to go that route?

I just got my shipment of plants from Peabody's yesterday. Can't begin to tell you how pleased I am that I asked on these boards and was pointed in his direction!

I've only been on this board for a week. Its my 'go to' for sure!

I didn't feel the need to start a new thread regarding this. I was looking at getting the python water changer. However, none of the faucets are threaded. Wanted to know if anyone has this same problem? I'd really like to find a solution for this that prevents me from either using buckets or from the outside nossle (Since I can't fill the tank from outside to match tank temp).

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6350.jpg
    IMG_6350.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6351.jpg
    IMG_6351.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 48
Do the ends on either of these unscrew or pop off? It may not appear like they do but I think the second one will. The second one looks like my kitchen faucet and the aerator end actually comes off. You then can buy attachments from any home improvement store to fit on the end of a standard threaded type hose. The attachments are two pieces-one screws onto the threaded hose and a second screws onto to this and allows you to attach the hose to the sink by popping it on faucet (aerator must be removed first) rather than screwing it on via threads. Both pieces are under $20 total in the plumbing section.

Do the ends on either of these unscrew or pop off? It may not appear like they do but I think the second one will. The second one looks like my kitchen faucet and the aerator end actually comes off. You then can buy attachments from any home improvement store to fit on the end of a standard threaded type hose. The attachments are two pieces-one screws onto the threaded hose and a second screws onto to this and allows you to attach the hose to the sink by popping it on faucet (aerator must be removed first) rather than screwing it on via threads. Both pieces are under $20 total in the plumbing section.

The image on the left is in the kitchen. I didn't investigate it too much since its large. The 2nd is in our first bathroom (Which will be closer to the tank). I did try to unscrew it, I'll try to pop it off when I get home this evening. Hope this works, otherwise water changes are not going to be fun! Thanks so much for the advice!

I'd buy a new bathroom faucet before I'd haul buckets. Claber makes a Koala attachment that doesn't require screwing on but I'm not sure it would fit either.

I'd buy a new bathroom faucet before I'd haul buckets. Claber makes a Koala attachment that doesn't require screwing on but I'm not sure it would fit either.

We went to Home Depot and Lowe's earlier. Thought I found an adapter that would work. Turns out I didn't. So we will be replacing the faucet to make life easier.

On a side note got some stuff in today -

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom