70G tank upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocknOside

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey folks, so I am upgrading from a nano-5G to a 70G; 60"x12"x24".

THIS THING IS MASSIVE compared to my 5g and in soo excited!

But before I get ahead of myself (something that frequently happens), I have some questions.

I'm relatively new to the hobby and I'm pretty sure this 70g is going to need more equipment than my 5g.

1st question: sump(s). Do I need one? Why/why not?

2nd question: bubblers/aeration. My tank came with one and I was/am planning on getting another deco with an airline. So my question is, do I absolutely HAVE to drill my tank to run those lines? Or can I bury them under the substrate and run the lines out the top of the tank?

I'm sure there will be plenty more questions, but I haven't been able to find solid answers for these yet.

Thanks in advance!

Hey folks, so I am upgrading from a nano-5G to a 70G; 60"x12"x24".

THIS THING IS MASSIVE compared to my 5g and in soo excited!

But before I get ahead of myself (something that frequently happens), I have some questions.

I'm relatively new to the hobby and I'm pretty sure this 70g is going to need more equipment than my 5g.

1st question: sump(s). Do I need one? Why/why not?

2nd question: bubblers/aeration. My tank came with one and I was/am planning on getting another deco with an airline. So my question is, do I absolutely HAVE to drill my tank to run those lines? Or can I bury them under the substrate and run the lines out the top of the tank?

I'm sure there will be plenty more questions, but I haven't been able to find solid answers for these yet.

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

1. I'm assuming this is freshwater, in which case no a sump is not in any way necessary. You can use one if you want to but it's by no means required.

2. I can't say I've ever heard of someone drilling a tank for a bubbler lol. Air stones, bubble wands, etc are just part of decor. If you have surface agitation like say from your filter then again it's by no means required. Just run them in however you like. Some paint the back of the tank black and use black airline hosing to hide the tubing.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom