72 gallon help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishguy04

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, so I just upgraded from a 46g to a 72g and I seem to be having an issue with fish just sitting at the top of the tank. A little history, I purchased the 72g used, cleaned the tank with water and a little vinegar, bought a bigger filter, use to have a marineland hob bio wheel, took the sand, 3 plants, and about 60% of the water from the 42g and put it into the 72g. I also took the two bio wheels, took the media off the wheels and put them into the eheim canister filter I bought. Filled the remaining of the tank with water, and added a bag of sand. Added conditioner for the new water and dosed ferts for my plants, this was all on Saturday. Sunday I tested the water, nitrites - 0, nitrates - 30, ammonia - 0, so I added two of my guppies to the tank and all they've been doing is sitting at the top of the tank in one of the corners since Sunday. I took one out yesterday and but her back into a 10g that I have all my other fish and she's fine, but the one in the 72g is still sitting at the top. Any reason why this might be? Thank you for the help in advance.

Back
Top Bottom