90 g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude3233

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 90 gallon tank with a magnum 350 gph and I have never done cichlids but I like lake Malawi cichlids would i need more filters? however I also like community tanks, which do you guys think would look better a cichlid tank or a community tank

We are going to do a poll say either cichlids or community and tell why the voting will end Saturday night at 7:00

I'd go with a community tank because you can have sine nice schooling fish and a few nice centerpiece fish like angelfish and gouramis

Ok what would you put in it then. Please don't give me really easy to care for fish like guppies I want a challenge I am not new.!

If you want a challenge do a Discus tank with dither fish such as cardinal or rummynose tetra's and warm water loving cory cats such as Sterbai cory cats.

Or you could do the best of both worlds, get discus/angels/rams all of which are cichilds and have great personalities. Then mix in different aqua scapes have one side be more rocky, or the outsides or just the inside be rocky, and have the rest planted. A 90 is big enough where you dont have to completely limit yourself.

You can't keep angels and discus together. I'd go with a pair of cockatoo apistos with some cardinal or rummy nose tetras.

Or you could do the best of both worlds, get discus/angels/rams all of which are cichilds and have great personalities. Then mix in different aqua scapes have one side be more rocky, or the outsides or just the inside be rocky, and have the rest planted. A 90 is big enough where you dont have to completely limit yourself.

Could I mix Rams and angels and do a densely planted tank.

Ok sounds good will I need more filtration to help the magnum 350

I would suggest either another small canister filter. Or a large hob filter. If you choose a canister filter, I would suggest looking for one with a uv sterilizer. But it is only a luxury, not anything necessary. :)

I would look into getting a Fluval 406 canister as that would give you a bump with your Magnum. I use 3 Fluval 406 canisters on my 220g.

Back
Top Bottom