95 Gallon tank set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ord6531

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm thinking about buying a 95 gallon fishtank. I want upgrade from my 40 gallon tank. I love the look of sand substrate but I've never used it. What kind of filter should I use? Currently I have a undergravel filter (centrifugal pump the I plumbed myself) and it works great. I'm worried that the water will get too dirty.

Ord6531 said:
I'm thinking about buying a 95 gallon fishtank. I want upgrade from my 40 gallon tank. I love the look of sand substrate but I've never used it. What kind of filter should I use? Currently I have a undergravel filter (centrifugal pump the I plumbed myself) and it works great. I'm worried that the water will get too dirty.

A canister or HOB filter works great. Many recommend pool filter sand. Here's something to read on in case you don't know: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...-Guide-and-FAQ-to-Fishless-Cycling/Page1.html

Okay. Thanks for the advice...i'm more of a DIY kinda guy. The pump that I havenow was pretty expensive. I think I may try to re-plumb the tank to filter through a ABS pipe with sterns and gravel. I'll post some pictures when I get it set up :)

Back
Top Bottom