A friends new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScotJudd

Aquarium Advice Addict
A friend of mine has bought a new 60l hex tank. It's her first time fish keeping and I'm having awful trouble convincing her about cycling her tank.
What she needS to know is what to stock. I'm not very good at stocking small tanks but I thought as shoal of tetras and maybe some dwarf Corys, but the substrate area may be too small for a group of 6
Any ideas... First timer....needs attractive fish but SMALL.
Ps she IS doing a fishless cycle but the family are nagging for fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Maybe Pygmy corydora?

Small hex tanks are harder to stock due to that less surface area factor.

I'm thinking a nice group of neon tetras or harlequin rasboras.

Caleb

My friends tank has cycled and ready for fish, a good amount of seeded material did the trick.
She's off to buy 6 tetras, probably neons.
I really hope that they don't die on her, I would have chosen rummy tetras myself.

Sent from my iPad in West Yorkshire, U.K.

My friends tank has cycled and ready for fish, a good amount of seeded material did the trick.
She's off to buy 6 tetras, probably neons.
I really hope that they don't die on her, I would have chosen rummy tetras myself.

High hopes they are healthy stock!

Caleb

I'm with you two above, neons can be tricky. I've got cardinals, my other tricky fish, but they are doing really well. I think that no matter how well you keep your fish if the stock line is poor then they are doomed.

Back
Top Bottom