A south American puffer fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishKeeprWanaBe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So a few days ago i posted asking a very general question about puffer fish. People recommended i get a dwarf puffer so i went to my local store and they said they don’t get pea puffers because in shipping and in the store they’re survival rate wasn’t very good. So they recommend i get a south american puffer . So i think thats my plan but i don’t know what the tank setup should be. I also don’t know if i should get multiple. I also heard you have to manually trim their teeth which sounds kind of scary. Any advice on the tank i should get and keeping a south american puffer would be very appreciated

Pea puffers are far more enjoyable, sa are more spastic and erratic. Peas kind of chill and stare at you. My sa will relax most of the time but when they're in a mood they just glass surf and it's annoying. I got my peas from Rachel o Leary aka msjinxd

Ive got a pea puffer tank and love the little guys! Behaviorally I would consider them similar to many of the dwarf cichlids, but pea puffers just don't play nice with other fish. One of my friends has a green spotted puffer and an amazon puffer and they're glass surfing machines. Not to mention that he's always having to worry about over grown beaks and trimming. I would go with pea puffers if your looking for an enjoyable, charismatic freshwater puffer! (y)

Back
Top Bottom