? about guppies/fishless cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
Started my fishless cycling on the 11th and, today, the 13th, I noted that my nitrite was up to .25 from 0. Hooray, it has started.

Also, can I just get male guppies, the fancy ones, or must I also have females? I think the males are beautiful fish and I'm not looking to have babies. I'm wondering if they would fight amongst themselves if no females were present. Please reply.

i could be wrong but i don't think having just males would be a problem. guppies are very peaceful fish, i don't think you'd have any problems with aggression. i wanted guppies at one point and also did not want babies, so i was told i could just get a bunch of males... they are the pretty ones anyway :D

hey! im on my 2nd week i think lol on my fishless cycling ^_^

i dont see a problem with that, i also dont look forward to having fish babies, so i just end up getting just a school of the same sex, i dont see a problem with it since guppies arent territorial or anything

3 or more.... with 2, you'll end up with 1.

One ?: You have other tanks correct? Why a full fishless cycle? Guess it was two. lol

They do, but it seems like they always miss / leave a couple. The more cover, the more fry. Usually...

I have 8 male endler hybrid guppies in my 20, and they get along fine. They chase eachother and play in the bubbles together. :) They crack me up.

maxima 423: How's your fishless cycling going? I'm on my 10 day and my numbers are changing. I'm surprised that I have readings on Nitrate so soon. I jacked up the ammonia yesterday to 2ppm. I guess I let it go to zero now and then add a little bit each day. I'm wondering if some tanks cycle faster than others depending on size. Mine is a 20gal freshwater tank. What's your take on this method and have you done the fishless cycling before?

I'm thinking more water slower cycle. As the Surface area: water volume ratio is higher in smaller tanks versus a larger one. But anyways grats on cycling and yah gups are good with bros and bros.

Back
Top Bottom