About to hate rummies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know if there is a way to
Use only one bulb? I don't wanna leave an open socket... Buy it seems so bright with 2 bulbs.... They are only 10watts a piece I believe but are really really bright

Flossie said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to
Use only one bulb? I don't wanna leave an open socket... Buy it seems so bright with 2 bulbs.... They are only 10watts a piece I believe but are really really bright

What type of light kit do you have? One of my bulbs is an actinic which adds a mild blue/violet glow instead of a strong white. It looks awesome.

eco23 said:
What type of light kit do you have? One of my bulbs is an actinic which adds a mild blue/violet glow instead of a strong white. It looks awesome.

The standard hood that comes with the incandescent bulbs... Bc of the Heat i exchanged them for florescent screw in bulbs... The temp is much more stable and The tank is beautiful. The bulbs are 10watt a piece....

I've never used them, but it might be worth researching 50/50 bulbs. They are basically a mixture of daylight and actinic. I couldn't live without the bluish tones of mine.

eco23 said:
I've never used them, but it might be worth researching 50/50 bulbs. They are basically a mixture of daylight and actinic. I couldn't live without the bluish tones of mine.

Oh ok :) thanks Eco...

eco23 said:

Are these what u were talking about?? They look awesome :D if I can get some later I may switch my florescent bulbs to my betta tank :) lol

Attachments

• image-2311436606.jpg
    image-2311436606.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 89
I'm not familiar with the type of bulbs you have (as in what type fits), but yep...that's what I'm talking about.

Are your bulbs individually controlled (does it have 2 switches)? If so, you can keep one daylight like you have, and replace the other with actinic. Either way, either switching to 50/50's, or just replacing one of the two with an actinic instead of daylight will mellow things out and give the tank a great look.

eco23 said:
I'm not familiar with the type of bulbs you have (as in what type fits), but yep...that's what I'm talking about.

Are your bulbs individually controlled (does it have 2 switches)? If so, you can keep one daylight like you have, and replace the other with actinic. Either way, either switching to 50/50's, or just replacing one of the two with an actinic instead of daylight will mellow things out and give the tank a great look.

Nah it's just a cheapo hood... With an on and off switch lol here's a pic of the package the bulbs were in that I got

Attachments

• image-1544416818.jpg
    image-1544416818.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 93
Flossie said:
Nah it's just a cheapo hood... With an on and off switch lol here's a pic of the package the bulbs were in that I got

I'm not familiar with it, but if you've got a few extra $'s, the 50/50's are worth looking into IMO. They should give you a much more subtle feel, and the tint they give off almost looks more similar to saltwater tanks. In an album in my profile I've got some pics of my actinic bulb being on. The camera exaggerated it and makes it look brighter than it is...but it'll give you an idea :)

eco23 said:
I'm not familiar with it, but if you've got a few extra $'s, the 50/50's are worth looking into IMO. They should give you a much more subtle feel, and the tint they give off almost looks more similar to saltwater tanks. In an album in my profile I've got some pics of my actinic bulb being on. The camera exaggerated it and makes it look brighter than it is...but it'll give you an idea :)

K I'll check it out:) thanks

OMG!!! I just seen a couple swim around! LOL LOL I screamed... LOOK BABY THEY ARE IN THE FRONT... my husband thinks i'm crazy :( LOL

bruinsbro1997 said:
hahaha flossie you crack me up :)

give em some time and then they'll be begging to see you instead of you beggin to see them :)

Lol im a character!!! And i Hope so!! Man I just turned out the light and had operation save the fish because he buried himself under a river rock!! Poor guy!!! I can't wait until they calm down!!

I had the same problem with Glowlight tetras. I bought some floating plants, that made them feel more secure ( no bright light).

dianel64 said:
I had the same problem with Glowlight tetras. I bought some floating plants, that made them feel more secure ( no bright light).

Really?? I just assumed tetras were easy... Lol then I found out runmys were sensitive... My lights are bright :( will they not get used to it?? I thought about adding some more plants but anything and everything I do freaks them out... Even feeding.

dianel64 said:

I also added a small shoal of copper Harlequins. After a few weeks they were shoaling together. My friend has 4 blood parrots in her tank, when she got them she didn't see them for 6 months. She used to peek through the crack in the door, just to get a glimpse of them lol.

dianel64 said:
I also added a small shoal of copper Harlequins. After a few weeks they were shoaling together. My friend has 4 blood parrots in her tank, when she got them she didn't see them for 6 months. She used to peek through the crack in the door, just to get a glimpse of them lol.

Lol wow I didn't know parrots were that way either. As long as they don't get sick or anything it's something I can tough out I suppose...
Sadly I cannot add anymore to mine :( :(

Back
Top Bottom